The Silver Medal is the most prestigious award presented by AAF Jackson and our national organization, the American Advertising Federation. The annual award recognizes the most outstanding advertising professional in the metro Jackson area who has made noteworthy contributions to their company, the advertising industry and the community.
This award is important because it recognizes the career and life of one of our peers who has dedicated their efforts beyond themselves and has made a difference in our own industry and in our community.
Some important points:
- You do not have to be a member of AAF Jackson to nominate someone.
- The candidate does not have to be a member of AAF Jackson.
- This is a HUGE HONOR for the person who receives it…it pays tribute to their career and their good works. It is not a popularity contest or a political thing, and the selection of the recipient is not taken lightly.
- It’s easy to nominate someone—easier than ever before. Just fill out a form and make a brief outline.
You probably know someone who deserves this honor and recognition. If you admire (or even envy) the work of a local icon, you can nominate him or her for the 2014 AAF Silver Medal.
Nomination deadline is November 15, 2013.
How to Make a Nomination:
A Nomination Form (download below) should be completed and submitted along with a Letter of Nomination to the Silver Medal Committee. The Letter of Nomination should discuss, in outline form, your candidate’s accomplishments in the following areas:
- Contributions to their company. A nominee must have achieved success in an advertising agency, for an advertiser, in publishing or broadcasting or for an advertising services company.
- Creative ability. A nominee must have shown a consistent, high degree of creative, original thinking in whatever phase of advertising he or she has worked.
- Contributions to the general advancement of advertising. A nominee must have worked to increase the stature and raise the standards of the advertising profession.
- Contributions to the community. A nominee should have been active in civic, religious or other groups dedicated to some phase of human or social welfare.
Criteria for Judging: Candidates will be judged on the basis of (1) contributions to their company, (2) creative ability, (3) contributions to the general advancement of advertising and (4) contributions to their community.
> Download the Nomination Form, Instructions, and past Silver Medal Winners list
Letters of Nomination are due no later than close of business Friday, November 15, 2013.
Nominations will be accepted either by mail, fax, or email.
Please submit your Letter of Nomination to:
AAF Jackson 2014 Silver Medal Committee
Attn: Mary Lee
540 Avignon Drive, Suite A
Ridgeland, MS 39157
This year’s Silver Medal award winner will be chosen from the field of nominees by a select committee comprised of previous Silver Medal recipients, past presidents and AAF members at large. The current AAF Jackson President serves as an ex-officio member of the committee. The committee’s chairman does not vote.
This year’s winner will be presented the Silver Medal award in ceremonies at the American Advertising Federation of Jackson’s American Advertising Awards celebration Friday, February 7, 2014. If you have any questions concerning your nominations, please contact Mary Lee at 601-856-1544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.