Web Development/Graphic Designer – Mississippi Development Authority
The Marketing & Communication Department is currently recruiting for a Web Development/Graphic Designer.
- Design of advertisements, promotional/marketing materials, graphics and displays across a wide range of subject areas and mediums
- Adhere to established brand standards.
- Layout, design, coding and updating of web pages
- Other duties assigned
Requirement and Experience:
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Dreamweaver are desired.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; AND One (1) year of experience related to the described duties.
The recruitment is open to agency employees as well as the general public. Applications should be submitted on-line at the Mississippi State Personnel Board (MSPB) website: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mississippi/default.cfm and the position will be listed as MDA Program Manager I.
Digital Media Manager – Mississippi Development Authority
The Marketing & Communication Department is currently recruiting for an Digital Media Manager.
- Management of both Visit Mississippi and MDA social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, SnapChat as well as MDA websites.
- Facilitating Facebook live feeds for Visit Mississippi and MDA
- Facilitate email distributions and e-blasts for Visit Mississippi and MDA
- Manage sweepstakes on behalf of the agency.
- Draft blog content as needed
- Work with graphic designers, writers and other MDA team members to development social media content
Requirement and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; AND Six (6) years of experience related to the described duties; OR
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; AND Seven (7) years of experience related to the described duties.
The recruitment is open to agency employees as well as the general public. Applications should be submitted on-line at the Mississippi State Personnel Board (MSPB) website: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mississippi/default.cfm and the position will be listed as MDA Program Manager V.
Account Executive – Busby Companies
Busby Companies is seeking self-motivated, service orientated, innovative, and organized account executives across Mississippi, with immediate needs in the Holly Springs, Greenwood/Greenville, Columbus/Louisville and Jackson areas. If you have a passion for sales and are looking to grow your career with an industry leader, this position is for you. This is a fun, fast paced, deadline driven position with a short sales cycle. This is a work from home office position with some travel involved. Pay is based on sales commission on collections and a monthly draw. To be considered for this account executive position, applicants must have 1 plus years of advertising experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Achieving sales quotas and goals
- Prospecting for new business by identifying and qualifying leads generation from cold-calling, networking, marketing, referrals, and lead databases
- Working to book appointments with new clients
- Developing and managing your residential and commercial network
- Managing and developing projects thru to installation
- Researching and cold-calling to develop new business
- Prospecting thru email marketing
- Continually advances product knowledge through required perpetual training and self motivated training
- Work as a team member to achieve sales goals
Requirements and Experience:
- 1+ years of advertising sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience cold calling, prospecting, and consultative sales
- Proven sales experience securing new business
- Results driven individual, high energy, self starter
- Strong commitment to customer service and follow-‐ups
- A reliable motor vehicle and clean driver’s license
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ambitious and eager to succeed
- Ability to stay organized
- High level of interpersonal persuasive skills
Artist/Graphic Designer – Dig
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts utilizing Adobe Suite for use in large format print production.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type most suitable to design and function of printed graphics.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design desired to achieve client’s brand goals.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and internet websites.
- Review Final layouts and suggest improvements as needed from a conceptual design aspect and overall functionality of print products.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Maintain archive of images, photo’s, or previous work products and designs.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for large format print production.
- Prepare notes and instructions for print production workers who produce or install end product.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using creative software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or in-design.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related professional experience.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be able to learn brand identity and design accordingly.
- Confident understanding of the print industry and production process.
- Ability to take direction and work independently with tight deadlines, while communicating progress.
- Detail-oriented with great self-motivation, organization and communication skills.
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong elements in design, layout typography and brand.
- HTML/CSS proficiency a plus, but not required.
Freelance Graphic Designer – The Clinton Courier
We are looking for a freelance graphic designer for a 12- to 20-page monthly newspaper. Designer can work from home, but must be available to come to our corporate offices in Clinton for an interview and occasional meetings. Job duties include ad design and full layout of all text, graphics, ads, etc. of the newspaper.
Requires the ability to respond to occasional requests during standard business hours, as well as some weekend work during upload weekend. Maybe evening hours required occasionally if changes/work cannot be completed during normal working hours — as necessary to meet deadlines.
Overview of major deadlines:
23rd of each month, advertising layout proof of paper (ad info to designer by 20th)
25th of each month, full proof of paper, with all ads and copy (copy to designer by 20th)
Updates to proof due within 24 hours of changes sent to designer
First Monday of the month, final proof (with all updates)
First Tuesday of the month, upload paper to printer
Must use InDesign and have your own computer and high-speed reliable internet connections. Prefer a designer with newspaper or other page layout experience and proficient time management skills.
Pay is $275 per 12-page issue, with increases of $50 for every additional 4 pages.
16 pages = $325. 20 pages = $375.
Job starts ASAP. Previous versions of the InDesign files for the paper are available (in other words, designer would not be starting from scratch; existing ads are already designed, layout and banners are set, etc.)
Apply or express interest by sending your resume, samples of your work, and contact information (direct email and phone number) to TheClintonCourier@gmail.com. Replies to this posting that do not include resume, contact information and work samples will not be considered.
Web Developer — Mad Genius
Purpose of Position
Whenever you check out a new website, do you reserve judgement until you have viewed the source? Do you consider the use of a mouse “optional”? Do you thrive on the challenge of efficiently solving challenging problems?
We’re seeking a talented web developer to join a growing lab of Geniuses creating beautifully functioning digital solutions for a growing list of clients. Someone who rarely says “No, I can’t build that.” Someone who can accurately communicate how long it WILL take to build. Someone itching for the chance to have their brilliant code out in the world put to awe-inspiring use. Someone who can take innovative ideas and translate them into realistic application. Someone who loves what they do, and is aching to team up with others of kindred spirit.
As a Web Developer, you’ll work closely with the digital team to build websites and the occasional application. No two jobs will be the same. Scopes vary from one-day projects to one-year projects. You will collaborate with other developers, designers, and strategists to provide users with a great digital experience. You will be involved in client discovery meetings to help develop insightful digital plans. You will get to be creative with your code. You’ll also feel peer pressure to have toys in your workspace.
- 3+ years experience in website/application design and development
- Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
- Passion to experiment with new development techniques
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Strong Frontend HTML/JS/CSS skills
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
- Experience with PHP frameworks (such as Laravel)
- Experience with AJAX and XML
- LAMP stack proficiency
- Linux administration
- Experience integrating APIs
- Experience working with, extending, and integrating Content Management Systems (predominantly WordPress)
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to appreciate terrible puns
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with E-Commerce SAAS (such as Shopify or Magento)
- Windows server management
- Experience with asp.net
- Mobile application development
- HTML5 Canvas development
- Design/Photoshop skills
- Client interaction skills
Email us your resume, send us links to samples of your work, and tell us why you’re a good fit for this job (in around 250 words). Please send to email@example.com referencing “Web Developer” in the subject line.
Client Strategy B2B Marketing Manager
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious marketer with digital experience to join a growing team and company and make a significant impact on the business.
The new Gannett Company, a leading provider of media and marketing solutions, seeks a B2B Client Strategy, Marketing Manager responsible for leading, developing and implementing all B2B marketing and client strategy initiatives for assigned markets outside of metros/clusters.
The Client Strategy, B2B Marketing Manager will work with the Group B2B Marketing Manager or Regional B2B Client Strategy Director on strategy to execute locally. This position requires a hands-on approach to execution and direct customer interaction.
The Client Strategy, B2B Marketing Manager leads client strategy efforts and B2B direct marketing tactics aimed at engaging customers; manages the development and execution of local marketing and sales support strategies; partners with Regional Director of Insights and Research teams to provide actionable market analytics and custom research insights.
The incumbent will utilize centralized Group resources, coordinate the production and implementation of local creative development, digital and print media planning/buying, communication, advertising, marketing promotions, social media and public relations. The Client Strategy, B2B Marketing Manager is also responsible for building a deep and productive relationship with key clients external B2B community partners.
In this role, you will:
- Develop B2B marketing and sales support plans, including implementation of regional and corporate segment and client strategies and market development strategies.
- Oversee development, communication and training of reports and tools for field access to market intelligence and information working with company’s Insights and Research teams.
- Oversee the lead generation, direct marketing and sales support strategies of CRM/SalesForce automation. Provide leadership in the design and production of all aspects of B2B digital marketing.
- Manage the development and execution of local B2B marketing campaigns to ensure content and brand messages are consistently built across multiple channels meeting lead generation and revenue volume goals and brand perception objectives.
- Manage relationships with local market B2B related employee engagement, communication, external community partners and special events/sponsorships.
- Manage and execute B2B marketing events to generate leads, increase retention and improve brand perception in the business community.
- Manage business-to-business social media strategies to support and evaluate local market’s marketing efforts, service issues, content engagement and overall messaging; building the ‘voice of the customer’ in everything that we do.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field. Note: A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing and/or business development experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Demonstrated responsibility and accountability for delivering significant revenue in a competitive business-to-business environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a sales support organization and the ability to gain and maintain a deep understanding of the markets and associated industry trends.
- Negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with local and remote stakeholders.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Digital Designer– C Spire
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Every team member of the C Spire Crew is charged with bringing our strategic vision to life. Produce and create digital web solutions such as, digital banners (mobile and web), emails, motion graphics, in-store display monitor content, social images and basic print material. Provides user-centered design expertise from concept to delivery. Facilitates design, copy and structure of content elements for the company’s Intranet and customer communications.
- Adhere to the company brand platform and support company initiatives, positioning and brand strategy. Adhere to the set marketing department processes while managing key initiatives and projects.
- Create and maintain graphic standards. Coordinated accurate logo/brand representation with outside parties and other vendors.
- Facilitate site structure, design, mapping, navigation and user experience for corporate Intranet. Monitor and update Intranet homepage content regularly to keep site fresh and current, coinciding with launch of new products, services and/or key company messages. Provide company-wide support in form of updates and modifications to departmental information as needed.
- Produce digital banners, mobile banners, motion graphics and emails in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure graphic solutions are optimized for integration, performance, usability and sustainability
- Provide graphic support in the form of flyers, t-shirt designs, banners/signage, local advertising and other items if needed.
- Write, edit and recommend copy for miscellaneous communication projects, if requested.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Must provide a demonstrable portfolio of work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while viewing computer screen.
Apply online at cspire.com/careers
The Radio People: Outside Sales
The Radio People of Jackson have an outside sales position available with an established client list. The Radio People offer high commission rates and great benefits. Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Premier Bride – Graphic Designer
In search of a full time Graphic Designer to head the creative team at a multi-state publishing group. Designer will provide creative guidance throughout the publication and show processes, manage flow of design work, work with team to develop and help produce styled photo shoots for print and web, oversee design interns and provide extensive graphic design services for all publications, expositions, ancillary products, and marketing initiatives under the direction of the editor and publisher. Preferred candidate will possess publishing experience, knowledge of website and online graphics, interest in fashion/design, and photography experience a plus. Position is full time M-F, 8:30 – 5:00pm with occasional travel opportunities.
Please send resume/portfolio to email@example.com
Looking for an advertising or marketing related job in the Jackson Area? Check back here for current postings.
Employers, to add your job listing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.